On formalizing enrollment onto a course (and accommodation) students accept the General and Payment Conditions and Payment Method, as well as the norms, rules and guarantees of The Amazon Spanish College.
- The Amazon Spanish College accepts no responsibility whatsoever for cases of force majeure (according to law) or for students’ actions.
- The Amazon Spanish College is not responsible for any personal items left in the school building, your room or at the guest families.
- The student will be charged for the replacement of items broken either intentionally or through negligence.
- If there is damage and no one is directly responsible, we will divide the cost of repairs among all the students living in the same room.
- The Amazon Spanish College reserves the right to change the timetable for classes due to circumstances that may appear.
- It is not possible to make up classes due to illness.
- There are no classes on national holidays. The missed classes will be replaced by a cultural activity on the same day (e.g. a lecture). Classes cannot be recuperated and are non-refundable.
- We strongly recommend that all students take out a travel or medical insurance policy in their home countries.
- If students are participating in excursions arranged by The Amazon Spanish College they have responsibility to ensure that their travel or medical insurance policy covers the activity or sport in which they are participating.
Spanish, adventure and dance
- Climbing on tree –tops, fishing and excursions along the Amazon river are adventure activities with an element of risk. The Amazon Spanish College cannot absolutely guarantee participants safety. We cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for client’s belongings, equipment lost or damaged.
- The Amazon Spanish College and their partner agencies operating the adventure tours reserve the right to cancel or change any trip due to river, road, weather conditions, or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to client unsuitability because of age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication etc.
- Any missed classes due to the above listed incidences (e.g. weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recuperated.
- The dance lessons may be given outside of our installations.
- The final decision regarding the acceptance of a student in a project will be taken by the organization, all placements are subject to change.
- The final contract between The Amazon Spanish College, the host organization and the volunteer will be signed upon arrival.
- It is not possible to change projects (that is, go and work on another project) once you have started unless you have irreconcilable problems on your first project. If we place you in a second project you have to pay another volunteer fee and change fee.
- You are expected to work till the end of your placement; if you abandon the project, no refund on accommodation nor the volunteer fee will be granted.
- Students from Western Europe, the USA, UK, New Zealand or Australia do not require a visa to enter Colombia, though all students have responsibility for enquiring about their particular case.
- Students from other countries must enquire about obtaining a visa at the Embassy or Consulate nearest to them. The proof of enrolment document which is required for the visa can only be issued by the school if the enrolment form has been received and the advance payment of US$ 250 per person has been made.
Admission or expulsion
- The Amazon Spanish College reserves the right to cancel the student’s place if on the day of their arrival they have not paid the total sum of the course, accommodation and other services contracted.
- The Amazon Spanish College cannot guarantee the free airport pickup if the flight details are not confirmed at least 48 hours before arrival or if last minutes changes are made (even if they were not the fault of the students but of the airline).
- In the case of a serious disciplinary offence, repeated bad behavior or infringement of the laws of Colombia, the student will be expelled from the school and accommodation contracted with The Amazon Spanish College without the right to any refund.
- In the case where damages are caused to third parties, all the expenses claimed from The Amazon Spanish College that originate from the above-mentioned incident will be charged to the student, who will have no right to later claims.
Refund policy & Cancelations
- Cancellations before arrival will be accepted in writing (letter, e-mail or fax)
- For cancellations prior to the last two weeks before arrival, there is a penalty of US$ 50
For cancellations in the last two weeks before arrival there is a penalty of US$ 150
Money for course and/or accommodation will not be refunded once the course has started (*)
* except in cases of serious illness
In case of cancellation due to a serious illness the following procedures are applicable:
- Cancellations will be accepted in writing only
- In case of illness or pregnancy, a medical declaration that will be evaluated by our school doctor, needs to be attached
- In case of work, examination or military service, a declaration needs to be attached
The Amazon Spanish College will evaluate the situation and will consider a refund of a maximum of 75% for weeks that have not commenced yet, in other words, for complete weeks left The Amazon Spanish College will refund this amount at the latest 30 days after the original ending date of the course, by either bank wire transfer or paypal. Excluded from the cancellation procedures are the registration and volunteer fee, and the cost of classes/services already utilized.
The student will be charged a fee (see pricelist) for all changes in programs, volunteer projects, dates and/or accommodation after arrival. All changes are subject to availability.
The Amazon Spanish College reserves the right to use all possible photos taken during the student’s stay unless the student refuses permission.
All fees are due on the first day of class at the very latest.